If your vehicle documents are not in order you will not be able to cross the border. You have to have the following documents
- Valid Passport of driver
- Valid driver’s licence
- Certified copy of vehicle registration papers (The Chassis, engine number, trailer number, and license details will be
checked by the police.)
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle by owner or Rental Company
- If vehicle is hired, you will need to have the Rental company contract documents with you
- If the vehicle is still being financed, carry a letter of authority from the bank (must include dates of travel) together with
the vehicle papers.
- ZA sticker
- Motor Insurance Certificate – this you will obtain at the Border. It will be valid for 30 days.